Secure Email – Alternatives to ProtonMail
If you care about personal data security, you should look at what Protonmail is, its objectives and general features.
Protonmail was founded in 2013 by scientists coming together in CERN with a vision of a more secure and private internet. Since then, ProtonMail has evolved into a global effort to protect civil liberties and create a safer Internet, and team members have been called from Caltech, Harvard, ETH Zurich and many other research institutions.
Protonmail was the first e-mail service in the world to offer end-to-end encryption in 2014 and is the most widely used secure e-mail service today. If you are looking for a reliable email service I can definitely recommend protonmail. You can easily use Protonmail as an alternative.
What Are The Features of ProtonMail ?
End-to-end encryption: End-to-end encryption for all emails is secure. Therefore, encrypted emails cannot be shared with third parties.
- Anonymous e-mail: There are no IP log records that can be linked to the account.
- Open source: ProtonMail code is open source and basic user accounts are free.
- Easy to use and simple design: Each device can be accessed. The inbox is pretty plain. The focus is on the ability to quickly read, edit and send.
- Swiss privacy and security: If you trust the country’s data security and impartiality policy, there is no problem. All servers are kept 1000 meters below ground in Switzerland.
- No ads: There are no ad impressions related to your correspondence as in Gmail.
- Encrypted e-mail: Protonmail can set a special password for non-users so that the other party can view the content. This is not mandatory, but a factor that increases security.
- Deleted email: Sent mail can be deleted within the specified time. For example, you can delete the message you wrote in 24 hours.
Why is ProtonMail More Secure than Gmail ?
Protonmail’s encryption means that no one can read the mail in your inbox. Protonmail’s approach provides a more secure data privacy service if you suspect Gmail’s access to all your contact information.
A more secure layer is created against Zero-Access Encryption approach against data breach attacks. Since Protonmail only holds encrypted messages, the attacker will not be able to decrypt them.
Google records every move we make. IP address, every call, every e-mail we open, the pages we visit, and more. ProtonMail does not keep any records.Unlike Gmail, Protonmail is subject to Swiss and European laws.
Protonmail and Gmail purposes are completely different. Gmail is trying to keep you in the world’s largest advertising environment. Protonmail aims to protect democracy and privacy rights in digital life. Protonmail alternatives and privileges are better than other mail services.